I have been working for a major technology company for 1 week, and I think I know why I am a teacher. I hate working in an office! It literally puts me to sleep. I have to eat snacks all day to stay awake, so now I will get fat too!
I am working as a technical writer. This department produces those ReadMe files (that no one reads), user manuals for software (that no one reads) and online help information (which doesn't usually help me...). I can imagine that the business that purchase the software probably does read some of these publications. But, I don't expect to win a Nobel Prize from my time this summer.
I am spending some of my time to create a lesson plan for my classroom. I think I will design a writing project in which my students create a manual for how to do something: operate a remote control car, build a rocket, cook a recipe. It's actually part of the 7th grade writing standards.
I welcome any ideas on my school project or how to stay awake at work...
2 comments:
Yeah, but who has so much time to play on blogs now? Corporate Kimmy!
I think they should write something like this: http://www.jibjab.com/view/7108
Post a Comment