Thanks for all the birthday wishes! As you all know, I love to celebrate my birthday. I was a little worried this year because it was on a Wednesday during a work week. However, when I found out Ninja E was babysitting for our niece and nephew that morning, I made made the easy decision to take the day off and join in the fun.
First, we took the kids and Shea to our awesome dog park. Shea had a good time running around, sniffing every tree, and playing with a couple of dogs. The kids were determined to pet every dog at the park and pretty much accomplished their goal. We also watched the ducks in the pond and played on the playground as well.
Afterward, we took the kids bowling where we also had an All-American lunch of burgers, chicken strips and fries. The kids had a great time at bowling and picked it up really fast. Uncle E gave them pointers for getting the ball down the lane. (It only stopped halfway a couple of times.) Auntie K already had a bowling ball under her shirt, so she had to throw granny-style with a 6 lb ball.
Most of you know how I don't like to losing, especially on my birthday. It also happened that Little A was very into the game and kept asking, "Am I winning? Am I winning? Am I going to win?" He was indeed winning for most of the game, and I was a close second. I asked the kids if I should be allowed to win since it was my birthday and they said no. A little miffed and conflicted, I continued to play and it just so happens my next few balls were a little better. Mind you, the bumpers were up and it is impossible to get a gutter ball.
It came down the last frame where Little A was 1 point ahead of me. Now Ninja E will tell you differently, but I did try to let him win. But how can I with bumpers? I was bound to get more than 1 pin down with two balls. So I accidentally won and Ninja E broke the news to Little A who wasn't that upset about it. Ninja E gave me a hard time though saying he wouldn't let me win on Saturday when we all go out for miniature golfing. We'll see about that.
2 comments:
Do you realize that you were bowling 365 days before that? I think the bowling ball under your shirt is cute, but I have to know what is printed on your shirt!?
"Future Play Mate for Daddy"
Post a Comment